Thursday, February 02, 2006

Let the countdown begin

I was sitting at my desk this afternoon typing what seemed like and endless list of proposals when the familiar "ding" of incoming mail sounded. Turns out to be a reply from an email I sent over the weekend:
Hi Adam-Yes, we are having a litter of puppies this coming weekend. The mother is Hannah, a red colored retriever. She is somewhat smaller than Molly, She is a very mild, sweet mannered dog. The father dog is the same as the one we had for your Molly. If you are interested I will keep you informed when they are born and email you a pic. She has had one litter and had both blond and red colored pups. She is really a sweet natured dog. I am so pleased you are having good luck with your dog. I always like to hear that. Thanks
If they arrive this weekend, that puts a new pup peeing on my floor by mid-March or so. I can't wait!

3 Feb Update: Hanna popped last night. 12 puppies in all. The litter has a mix of the dark red and golden colors. They have not yet attempted to get a closer look to see what sexes are what color. Momma needs alone time.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see the new little darling!

Adam said...

When that picture comes, I'll be sure to post it. I'll also be taking suggestions for names. "Tess" is in the lead, "Scout" and "Traveler" are not far behind.