Monday, March 27, 2006

Back to the drawing board, literally

Today was my first day back in the office in about 3 full weeks. I've been working in the field about 5 minutes from my house managing a residential project and playing in the dirt. Well, that project is wrapping up this week and its not necessary for me to be on site full time any longer.

I will miss the 5 minute commute, being able to swing home for lunch to play with the girls and getting back home by 4:30 every afternoon.

After a few hours of regrouping, I was able to get back into the swing of things and start crossing things off my "to do" list. Its nice to be back...I haven't picked up a blank sheet of paper in a while.

In the back of my mind all day was little Miss Tess. This was her first full day alone. At lunch, I picked up another 4x4 pen to add on to the one she has been using during the day in anticipation of the mess I'd find when I got home. Lets just say she didn't let me down in the mess department. The added space should give her room to play in one area and leave presents in the other. I'll feel better when I can trust her outside all day.

Tess just doesn't seem to comprehend the question "Why can't you be more like Molly?" I know its going to take another 2 years and 10 months, but the ride will be fun!

1 comment:

Snow White said...

You never can tell... with Molly there as a good role model, Tess may come around sooner than you think!