Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I've cracked the Comcast customer service code

Recently I switched to DirecTV, but I kept my cable internet. Needless to say, this move required about 5 or 6 calls to customer service to get everything straight. One call to cancel my tv service, one call to correct a faulty connection, one call verify that my bill was credited accordingly and on and on. I'm an honest guy and generally not too argumentative with those folks who answer the phones. I would always follow the prompts on the automated system to properly direct my call.

"Due to a high call volume, wait times may be longer than normal."

Yea...you say that all the time! "For trouble with your service," you can press "1"...if you want to wait on hold for 30 minutes to an hour chained to your speaker phone.

This is where I turn dishonest...I opt for option 3..."to upgrade your service, press 3." Oddly enough there is never a wait time when Comcast thinks you want to spend more money. The people who answer always speak fluent English, they can help you with whatever it is you are calling about and wait times vary from 5 to 10 seconds. Please be patient.

Just a little tip for those of you who are Comcast customers. Did I mention all the HD channels DirecTV offers...with even more on the way? If you are thinking about making a move, I'll send you an invite and we both get 50 bucks off...

1 comment:

"Sunshine" said...

I can't tell you how many times I have longingly looked at the flyers for Direct TV wondering if it was really worth it.

Obviously you're not disappointed!!