Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yes, Tess likes balls


It's been a while since I've broken out the camera for taking some hard core dog action shots. I got a call early this morning that we've all been expecting for about a month and it inspired me to turn to my resident therapists for some guidance. One therapist in particular took some good shots. The other therapist spent most of her day glued to my side...only making cameo appearances in some of the pictures below.

So, here goes...I'm going to forgo doctor patient confidentiality and reveal some things that happened in my therapy session today.

It all started with a lesson in levitation. Then, Tess jumped out of her shadow. Sure, Tess catches some and drops some. I'll forgive her for the drops. She has great style, even in failure. Faced with a brick wall, does Tess back down? Hell no! Balls are sacred and should never touch the ground.

After I got the ball stuck on the roof, I had to go in and get another one. I got some of my favorite shots of Tess after the ball change.

Towards the end of the therapy session the light got just right. What do you think dogs think about at this moment? Ball,ball, ball, ball!

I had one more toss left in me before it was time to go back in to see what I'd captured. I'm so glad there was one toss left in me. Tess didn't catch this one. It bounced in her mouth and ricocheted across the back porch. My only thought...please let the camera catch what I think I just saw. It did.

Slobbery tennis balls explained and therapy session concluded.

It's important to note that while not a part of the action, Molly is still glued to my side while I write this. It's funny how she just "knows." I think Molly would also like for me to add that she can kick Tess' butt in the water.

8 comments:

Najia said...

Hi Adam,
Tess' action shots are outstanding. She's a beauty when in motion. I love how Molly's just watching her enthralled in some of the photos.

They are great therapy, aren't they? And their wonderous ability to just "know" when something's not as it should be...God bless 'em.

Your girls are gorgeous. I'm glad you got your camera out.

Golden Dreams said...

I saw the slobber in the distant shot and laughed. I would love to get my hands on the people that had my boys before we did. All of the joys of being a Golden aren't that exciting. Sure they will chase a ball...once. It's too much work. Cameron is the one that works up a frenzy if I won't give him his toy. Ferris moves when the mood moves him. I think you're girls should show my boys what therapy has taught them!

american woman said...

Wonderful shots. Therapy takes many forms.

Anonymous said...

Sadie has about 3 throws in her and then she's done. She'll go lay down away from me.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Gorgeous shots of the girls! What fun!

Duly Inspired said...

Adam -- Godspeed healing to whatever the call was about. Our dogs truly are the best of friends and I smiled at the words of Molly staying by your side.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics as always Adam! Your dogs never fail to make me smile!

yajeev said...

Just found your blog today via Duly Inspired.

I must confess that until Watson (the first canine to creep his way into my heart--and bed) came to live with us about two and a half years ago, I would never have been able to appreciate this and other posts on your site. Now, as I write this comment, I'm sitting on the bed and working on my laptop while Watson is laying with the length of his back pressed against the length of my right leg. I can hardly bear to get up to refill my coffee cup.


Your photos are awesome. I'll be back for sure.