Sunday, March 19, 2006

The sound of silence

Last night when my head hit the pillow, I had no idea what today would bring. Tess gave me the wake-up call at about 6:30 this morning and I was so excited. She's never slept that late. Little did I know, she had risen with a demon in her eye. Today marks the milestone of the transformation between sweet, lovable, snuggly puppy to puppy beginning to feel her oats. My hands and forearms show the telltale signs that there is a set of razor sharp teeth in my life again. I've got every form of chew toys for her to choose, but fingers and toes just taste better I guess.

After eating lunch and running a few errands this afternoon, the demon was still around. "I'll fix this you little turd." The girls and I went for our first walk, and I wasn't going to stop until Tess' tongue was dragging on the ground. I'm guessing it took about 2 miles at a brisk pace to get it done. Molly did well, staying at a heel and Tess running close behind. My fast walk is about a jogging pace for Tess these days.

All my frustration from early morning vanished when we were on the jogging trail and was so happy to have us walking as a pack. Its truly those little moments that brings me the most joy. Both girls are tuckered out. Molly at my feet and Tess asleep in her kennel. The sound of silence doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: