Thursday, April 13, 2006

They're baaaaack

After work I enjoy sitting on the back porch with an adult beverage to just chill out for about an hour. This evening started out like any other. The beer was cold, the dogs were jacking around and everything seemed normal. It was then that I heard it. "All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel..." Over and over and over and over.

Call me a grumpy old man, I don't care. I have this thing when it comes to ice cream trucks. Maybe it stems from childhood memories of not being able to go running after a moving vehicle until after my homework was done. Maybe its because I'm not a huge fan of sweets. Or maybe, just maybe, its because of the incessant repetition of the same annoying song when I'm trying to relax outside after a long day.

Hey kids, I'll make you a deal. You can keep your ice cream trucks on three conditions. One, the music has to go. I know its how they advertise that they are in the area, but you are kids, you have nothing better to do than to sit out side and watch for them. Two, the adults get to have beer trucks driving around playing good Texas music with women in bikinis selling their wares. And three, hide your eye when you see afore mentioned beer truck. This is a family oriented neighborhood after all.

No comments: