Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday in the Twilight Zone

I walked into the office at about 7:45 this morning. The guys had hitched up and left about an hour earlier. I went to the coffee maker to brew a pot and it had been cleaned out and washed and fresh grounds were already in it. All I had to do was turn the thing on. While waiting for coffee, I went to the restroom. It seems someone caved in our ongoing (and unspoken) challenge about who would be the first to cave and throw away the empty roll of toilet paper on the dispenser. Its been empty for 3 weeks with a fluffy fresh roll sitting right on top of it. To top it off, someone even filled the paper towel dispenser that has been empty for about the same amount of time.

By about 8:15, the first reports from the field began rolling in. All of our guys made it to work. Nobody woke up in jail after a Sunday fiesta. Sub-contactors were on time and were prepared to do what they needed to do. The regular office folks came in cheery and happy to be back at work. The phone stayed pretty quiet and I actually got some work done.

To top the day off, it didn't get above 90 and I was able to actually sit on the porch and throw the ball for a couple hours after work.

I must be dreaming still...

That, or Tuesday is going to be a killer!

7 comments:

Sandra Dee said...

I love non routine days at the office. I didn't have to go in until this afternoon, and it made my day feel all the more interesting because of it.

Have an equally Happy Tuesday.

Duly Inspired said...

If it's Tuesday, it must be corn on the cob.

cmk said...

Ohhhh...a pessimist! Sounds like me. :)

Anonymous said...

....and then the alarm clock went off.... ;)

mollymcmo said...

oh pooh, i hate when the roll doesn't get changed.

m

Anonymous said...

anxious to hear how your Tuesday turned out

Elizabeth said...

Dude, you had some crappy days - that made up for it.