Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A post!

Things around here have been pretty nuts the past few days. It seems work has been getting in the way of my free time. You see, I suffer from a disease called procrastination. I'm able to keep it under control most of the time, but recently I've had a flare up.

I've been working on a project at a leisurely pace...Plenty of time to get everything ready for presentation. The phone rings on Monday. Its one of our clients telling me that some of the other investors will be out of town for the next several weeks. Would it be possible to move our presentation scheduled for next Thursday to this Friday? Sure no problem, see you Friday.

Sure, no problem? Are you an idiot? I hang up, take a few deep breaths and go into full panic mode. There is no way I can be ready, but I have to be. So, I get out the contract and make a list of everything that needs to prepared and franticly begin working to cross those things off. I'm happy to report that with a reasonably productive day tomorrow, I should have everything done with time to spare. All I have left is a drawing of a typical neighborhood intersection left. When I get to work tomorrow I'll try to snap a picture of how this blog saved me about 3 or 4 hours of work.

To top off the hectic week, Molly is, um, ah, well...Let's just say the male dogs in the neighborhood have the place surrounded and they aren't leaving until I release the hostage.

That's all for now...Y'all stay out of trouble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I suffer from that disease too. I hate it when work has to be my top priority during the day. Good luck on the presentation.
Poor Molly.

Sandra Dee said...

A flair up. That's hilarious. I tend to wait until the last minute to do things, too.

Those boys and Molly. What a shame -- she has 'em beating down her door! :)