Thursday, November 30, 2006

"White Fright"

More than a few months ago I began a drawing that I intended to complete in very short order. Let's just say that life happened and it was never finished.



Tonight, I dug the draft out of the closet and I'm all set to begin the final rendering. One problem...I've got a bad case of "white fright." Sometimes a blank sheet of paper is quite daunting. Will it be awful? Do I even remember what I'm doing? It doesn't help that I'll have two very accomplished art critics watching me every step of the way.

I know that after 10 minutes of drawing I'll forget all the apprehension. My hand will loosen up and the lines will start to appear on the page...but still, I procrastinate. Regular sketching will cure this little problem I'm dealing with.

Did I just make a New Year's resolution?

2 comments:

Snow White said...

I wondered what ever happened to that drawing... Get to work, Mister! Or do we need to give the blondes a whip to crack? And yes, I belive you did just make the first resolution of the season!

Duly Inspired said...

Adam, I clicked on that link and was all ear-to-ear grinning to see Tess' baby picture. Puppies!