Sunday, December 30, 2007

Making the most of Sunday's last sunbeam

Around here, the sun comes up and casts a beam at the back door by about noon. By about 3, the best beams are cast on the couch which make for bad napping (for humans.) When the sun begins to set, there is one spot left for the day, in the kitchen, that Molly loves. She is in tune with the rotation of the earth around the sun. She knows exactly where to be and when.

A while ago, I'd come home from work and pet Molly on the head and panic because her head was blazing hot. What was wrong with my beloved dog? Fever? The first time, there was even an after hours trip to the vet to help save my ailing dog. Come to find out, she just likes lying in the sun. Oddly enough, so do I! Reason number 54 why I choose not to participate in winter sports.

1 comment:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Adam, OK... I am totally the QUEEN of rushing my dog to the vet for lame things... x-rays for gas would be a highlight. But taking her in for a sun induced fever... If you had only felt her again in the car... That takes the cake!