Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An old saying is proven once again

I'm sure you know of the old saying that say only fools repeatedly fail at something by trying the same thing and expect a different result each time...or something along those lines.

Today was UPS's third attempt to deliver me a package at home between 2 and 5. The sticky note on my door said that tomorrow would be their fourth and final attempt. Guess what time they said they'd be back tomorrow? If you guessed between 2 and 5, give yourself a pat on the back.

Fortunately they left me a local direct number to call today. I called and changed the shipping address to my office fairly painlessly. "What can Brown do for you?" Good question.

Update: Guess where Brown attempted the final delivery today between 2 and 5? Bonus question...Guess whose blood is boiling?

Update #2: Don't believe they guy with the white board. Sure, he is a great on the spot artist, but he doesn't know the first thing about the process of rerouting packages. I do enjoy how he is able to make it look so easy though. My next day package is now 8 days late and I can't find it anywhere!

3 comments:

Duly Inspired said...

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Frustration is having someone do this for you.

Adam said...

Yea...what she said!

Golden Dreams said...

I waited for a package right before Christmas that I tracked. It sat for two days one hour from here. Then it went out for delivery and never arrived. It was a bag for my laptop and I needed it for our trip to Virginia. It finally arrived at 2:30 the day before we left. Lucky for them. Brown? I was seeing red!